From preventative counseling on data privacy and security to handling investigations and possible litigation should a corporate data breach occur, you can rely on our team of attorneys to help manage your planning and response.
It’s essential to know where your data is located and who has access to it, and also to put the appropriate policies in place for protection. Our lawyers can help determine what regulations and requirements apply to your business and technology and take steps to mitigate risks. We often assist clients with:
- Establishing policies to maintain the privacy and security of personal identifying information
- Counseling with regard to regulations on privacy and data security, including matters related to HIPAA, the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act and other state, federal, and international laws
- Negotiating contracts with third parties, as well as managing third parties with unique specialties such as IT forensics and crisis communications
- Identifying appropriate insurance coverage
- Responding to government investigations
- Handling any related litigation
Our team includes members with experience related to all types of industries, including health care, financial services, information technology, retail and many others. This cross-disciplinary group of attorneys draws on the experience of our litigation, business services, health care and employee benefits practice groups to advise a full range of businesses and organizations. We are involved with data privacy and security-focused organizations including the International Association of Privacy Professionals, as well as state and national health care associations.
If your business has interests in foreign countries, it is important to watch international data protection and privacy regulations. Our International Data Protection Regulations group will help you stay ahead of the curve and prepare for new rules that affect your company.
News & Insights
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- NAW Billion Dollar Company CLO Roundtable, Chicago, Illinois, May 17, 2017