The corporate attorneys in Greensfelder's Business Services practice group work with owners at every stage of the business cycle – buying new divisions, growing into new markets, or transitioning the business to the next generation when the time is right.
From brick and mortar to completely digital ventures, our clients are typically established, closely held businesses that are growing through acquisition. Our lawyers frequently serve as general counsel or special transaction counsel for these companies, as well as for publicly traded corporations. Regardless of the size, we provide strategic counsel through each business transaction, establishing protocols and conducting process checks to keep the operation – and the transaction – running smoothly.
From start up to exit, we can represent your business’s interests through all aspects of structuring, negotiating, and documenting transactions and generally counsel business owners in the following areas:
- Entity selection
- Business structuring
- Acquisitions and divestitures
- Business and tax planning
- Corporate governance
- Finance and securities
We also counsel new businesses in the start-up phase and find that many of our clients are highly entrepreneurial. These emerging growth companies often grow into tomorrow’s market leaders, and we are there to assist, providing strategic guidance and proactive legal counsel from Day 1.
Greensfelder is proud to be an active member of the Cortex Innovation Community, an innovation hub and technology district in St. Louis. A regular rotation of attorneys, including those from our Business Services group, work from our office in the Cortex 4220 building. Our goal is to support entrepreneurs and the wider innovation community by being a resource and a partner.
News & Insights
- November 2018
- September 2018
- St. Louis Business Journal, July 3, 2018
- Vince Garozzo and Taylor Hall named among the Best M&A Providers for 2018 by St. Louis Small Business Monthly2018
- Interview with Robert Zafft, "FOCUS on the Middle Market: Robert Zafft, Attorney and business ethics specialist"President & CEO FOCUS on the Middle Market Podcast Series, March 24, 2017
- November 2, 2015
- November 6, 2014
- May 23, 2014
- November 1, 2013
- June 1, 2013
- Greensfelder earns top-tier national, regional rankings in U.S. News-Best Lawyers 'Best Law Firms' 2013 EditionNovember 1, 2012
- May 7, 2012
- Congratulations to the Construction Practice Group, ranked nationally by U.S. News–Best Lawyers 2011-2012 Best Law FirmsDecember 8, 2011
- Journal of The Missouri Bar, July/August 2018
- Be prepared to update LLC operating agreements and partnership agreements to comply with new partnership audit rulesApril 2017
- Association of Corporate Counsel, December 4, 2012
- August 20, 2012
- June 26, 2012