For clients seeking private equity funding, we can help form the organizational structures necessary to raise funds from a variety of sources. From private placements of debt to equity securities to a hybrid approach, our corporate attorneys will guide you through the planning, structuring, negotiation, and documentation of your funding.
Our lawyers represent entrepreneurs seeking equity in a broad range of corporate transactions, advising on the following:
- Selecting an organizational infrastructure necessary to attracting funding
- Developing business plans and business models
- Perfecting intellectual property rights
- Navigating complex pre-closing structures
- Creating valuation models and comparable exit strategies
Private Equity Investors
Private equity investors seek our counsel in all stages of the investment process – from the creation of the investment fund and early stage investments to leveraged recapitalizations and later stage financing. We typically advise our investor clients on such matters as:
- Performing extensive due diligence
- Negotiating term sheets
- Evaluating proprietary ownership of intellectual property rights
- Negotiating and documenting the investment transaction
Our experience allows us to structure the proposed investment in accordance with today’s market standards while taking into consideration your specific needs and planned exit strategy.
- Represented a portfolio company of a private equity group in connection with its sale to another private equity group. Handled all aspects of the sale transaction, including the auction process.
- Represented a private equity group acquiring a building products company. Assisted in securing senior credit facility and mezzanine financing for the acquisition.