Contributions to favorite nonprofit organizations are often addressed in the estate planning process. We provide insightful guidance into the variety of techniques that will allow you to make tax-advantaged gifts to the charities of your choice. Some of these tools include:
- Lifetime and Testamentary Charitable Lead Trusts – one or more charities receive an income stream for a period of time, with the remaining property passing to your family members.
- Charitable Remainder Trusts – you, as the donor, retain an income stream derived from property ultimately passing to charity, or direct that income stream to family members.
- Private Foundation – an entity is established with the primary purpose of carrying out your established charitable goals.
In addition to representing individuals in their charitable giving, we also represent a number of charitable entities, providing legal guidance relating to the formation and operation of the nonprofit organization. We can also assist by providing state and federal compliance counsel before, during and after fundraising campaigns. For more information on our nonprofit practice, visit our Educational, Religious & Tax-Exempt Organizations page.
News & Insights
- Preservation | Family Wealth Protection & Planning, November 20, 2018
- Preservation | Family Wealth Protection & Planning, April 6, 2018
- Preservation | Family Wealth Protection & Planning, June 20, 2017