Class actions can be a costly challenge for employers, and our employment law team is experienced in handling the unique aspects of that process. We have experience in all facets of class action practice, helping employers defend against claims related to discrimination, wage and hour violations, the WARN Act, employee benefits and other employer-employee disputes.
With a team of attorneys well-versed in all aspects of employment and labor law, we have the experience to guide all types of employers through each phase of class action litigation. We have successfully represented employers in the health care, retail and securities industries, among others, in resolving or defeating class action claims. Along with our Employee Benefits practice group, we have significant experience handling issues related to religiously affiliated employers, including disputes over church plan status.
- Lead counsel for a national brokerage firm in consolidated class actions alleging wage and hour violations for over 10,000 brokers.
- Defended a large health care network in class action lawsuits filed in U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri alleging failure to pay for overtime under federal Fair Labor Standards Act and Missouri law. The cases were resolved on favorable terms for client through settlement.
- Represented a national retailer in a nationwide class action wage and hour lawsuit.
- Defeated class certification in WARN Act class action litigation, on behalf of a large retailer.
- Defending a religious health care network and employees in a putative class action lawsuit challenging the pension plan's status as a church plan exempt from ERISA.
News & Insights
- Human Resource Executive, June 30, 2016
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- NAW Spring 2016 Billion Dollar HR Roundtable, May 4, 2016
- SimplyHR | Employment & Labor Blog , June 19, 2017