Our team of attorneys and paralegals zealously guard your rights both within and outside of court-supervised proceedings. We provide a business-oriented, practical approach to creditors’ rights engagements and bankruptcy law proceedings. Our experience allows us to avoid unnecessary pleadings and unwarranted discovery and focus on the actions that will get results.
We have represented clients ranging from large financial institutions, manufacturers, commercial landlords and equipment lessors to local banks and small business owners in commercial bankruptcy transactions. We have seen it all. This experience equips us with flexible strategies and practical options you can use to your advantage.
Clients – both secured and unsecured creditors – come to us with a variety of matters including:
- Protective measures in bankruptcy courts
- Recovery measures in other venues
- State court litigation matters including:
- Mechanics’ lien
- Fraudulent conveyance suits
- Bankruptcy court litigation matters including:
- Discharge and dischargeability suits
- Preference litigation
- Other creditor-related adversary proceedings and contested matters such as suits for accounting, turnover and motions involving lease assumption or rejection, cash collateral and relief from stay
News & Insights
- Interview with Cherie Macdonald, "Attorneys Say High Court Decision Likely to Bring More Certainty, But Less Autonomy for Bankruptcy Judges"Westlaw Journal Bankruptcy, April 6, 2017