Parental Support Program
- Reintegration Program:The firm's Director of Professional Development coordinates with practice group leaders to facilitate an attorney’s smooth return from extended leave (medical or parental). The objective is to ensure proper communication and workload when an attorney takes and returns from leave.
- Parent Mentor:Those interested in a parent mentor are paired with another employee in a similar work/life situation. The new parent is paired with someone from whom he or she can seek advice and opinions on juggling work and new parent responsibilities, etc. The Parent Mentor then periodically checks in on the returning parent to see that the transition back to work is going smoothly.
- Mother’s Room and/or Mini Fridge:A locked Mother’s Room with a mini fridge for expressed milk is available as a space for breastfeeding mothers to pump after their return to work. If an employee wishes to pump in her office, we issue a mini fridge to be placed in her office.
- Milk Shipping:For breastfeeding mothers who travel for work, we offer milk shipping services through Milk Stork. This allows nursing mothers to wean on their own schedule and reduces stress related to ensuring both that the baby can be fed while the mother is traveling and that the mother does not waste milk pumped on a work trip.
- Mindful Return Online Course:New parents can also take advantage of Mindful Return’s online course designed to help them navigate their parental leave and their return to work. The four-week, cohort-based e-course helps new parents get into the right mindset to have a calm return-to-work experience, brainstorm practical solutions to logistics associated with the return to work, turn parental leave into a leadership opportunity at work, and meet a supportive, online community of other returning-to-work parents. New parents are welcome to enroll in a session prior to the birth of a baby, during parental leave, or shortly after returning to work.