Identifying Environmental Compliance Issues & Solutions Seminar
This complimentary seminar focused on identifying environmental compliance issues, common mistakes businesses make and how to avoid violations.
- What "triggers" an environmental compliance obligation?
- Is the paperwork really important?
- What do you mean I have to keep records?
- You mean I have to keep records up to date?
- Why do regulators care if I am not sure what is really in my waste?
- I am careful, so what else do I have to do?
- Label, what label?
- It's just a light bulb?
- What does homeland security have to do with environmental regulations?
- So, what can I do about this?
We will provide you with some practical reminders and tips on fixing common mistakes made by businesses. We will tell you what kinds of things the inspector is looking for. We will provide some tips on preparing for and handling the inspection.
J. Ronald Sides, Ph.D., Golder Associates Inc.
Gene Schmittgens, Of Counsel, Greensfelder, Hemker & Gale, P.C.
Shannon Haney, Associate, Greensfelder, Hemker & Gale, P.C.
Handout 1 - Hazardous Waste Management - Handbook for Small Quantity Generators
Handout 2 - Dept. of Homeland Security - Appendix to Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards
Handout 3 - Large Quantity Generator Inspection Checklist
Handout 4 - Getting Involved in the Hazardous Waste Permitting Process
Handout 5 - Small Quantity Generator Inspection Checklist
Handout 6 - Hazardous Waste Program Fact Sheet
Handout 7 - Hazardous Waste Technical Bulletin