Greensfelder Diversity Fellowship
Your goal ... To score a great summer associate opportunity at a top-notch law firm that shares your commitment to diversity.
Our goal ... To foster a new generation of excellent lawyers who will enhance the diversity of our legal community for the long term.
The Greensfelder Diversity Fellowship is a unique opportunity for first-year law students who have demonstrated a commitment to diversity. Each summer, one student will be selected for a program that involves:
- Spending the first half of the summer at Greensfelder.
- Working in-house at a St. Louis-based client of the firm for the second half of the summer.
This experience will provide meaningful client interaction through a variety of opportunities from both in-house and outside counsel perspectives. At Greensfelder, the Diversity Fellow will spend five weeks receiving training and building relationships with other summer associates, attorneys and staff. For the next four weeks, the Diversity Fellow will experience working in-house in a corporate environment.
Successful completion of the Fellowship will provide the Diversity Fellow with an opportunity for a summer associate position at Greensfelder the following year, plus the potential for full-time employment with the firm after graduation.
The Diversity Fellow will receive:
- Summer associate compensation.
- Additional bonuses if he or she returns for a second summer and a hiring bonus should he or she join Greensfelder as a full-time associate.
- Ongoing mentoring from a member of the Firm’s Equity, Retention and Professional Development Committee throughout the 2L and 3L school years.
Interested candidates should submit an application here along with their answer to the following question:
"From your perspective, what can law firms do to better recruit and retain people who have been historically underrepresented in law firms (people of color, women, people who identify as LGBTQ and/or people who live with disabilities) so they can grow, thrive and succeed?"
Applications will be accepted Dec. 14 through Feb. 4. Top candidates will then be selected for interviews. As with all our summer associate programs, we are seeking candidates who:
- Have a history of successful performance academically and with respect to their professional and personal experiences.
- Are motivated to develop their skills in an intellectually challenging environment.
- Demonstrate their commitment to the firm’s reputation for integrity and expertise in service to our clients.
We recognize that a variety of experiences, backgrounds and ideas enriches our workplace and enables the firm to better serve clients.
GET IN TOUCH
For more information on the Greensfelder Diversity Fellowship or our other Summer Associate opportunities, contact Human Resources Coordinator Ashley Carter at 314-345-5405 or email@example.com.