Greensfelder’s Franchising & Distribution team excels at providing focused, strategic growth solutions and practical advice to business owners and franchisors. We can provide valuable guidance through system growth, expansion abroad, business acquisitions or mergers. Our relationships with clients are often continuous, and we’re there to handle not only large transactional matters or disputes but to offer sound day-to-day counsel.
Clients frequently seek our experience in the following areas:
- Drafting and negotiating franchise agreements and area development agreements
- Preparation and registration of franchise disclosure documents
- Development and management of exemption-based franchise systems
- Compliance with business opportunity laws and registration
- Dispute resolution and litigation
- Mergers and acquisitions of franchise systems
- Drafting and negotiating domestic and international distribution and supply agreements
- Terminations and renewals
- Intellectual property protection
- Marketing, branding and rebranding matters
- Advertising and social media
- Review of operations manuals
- Insurance liability and joint-employer issues
- Post-termination restrictive covenants
We work with franchise systems in all stages – from startup to national and multi-national franchisors – and advise service- and product-based franchisors, distributors and manufacturers, including food services, health care, real estate, motor fuel, hospitality, gyms, restaurants and educational organizations.
Our firm also counsels franchisors on other related matters, including employment, real estate and tax issues, non-compete and confidentiality agreements, and business succession planning.