Read our annual report on community service, pro bono and charitable giving here.
At Greensfelder, our dedication to service extends to a broad range of charitable, professional and legal organizations. Fundamental to the firm’s core values is involvement in the community, and we are committed to partnering with clients and other organizations and individuals to improve and enrich lives and promote access to legal services, particularly in the communities where we live and work.
Civic and Charitable Organizations
Greensfelder has a strong spirit of giving back at every level of the organization. Our firm is made up of people who care deeply about their communities and show it through action, whether that is pro bono work, acts of service or charitable donations.
Each person at the firm is encouraged to support the organizations important to them, and our employees participate in fundraising events for a bevy of causes throughout the year. In addition, the firm as a whole lends philanthropic support to a wide variety of community groups. And finally, each year members of all Greensfelder offices participate in a week of service during which attorneys and staff are invited to participate in a half-day volunteer opportunity.
Please read more about our community involvement in our annual report.
Legal Organizations and Pro Bono
Our attorneys are involved in the leadership of local, regional and national bar associations, supporting efforts to better the legal profession at large. In helping to promote continuing legal education, we work with groups including the Association of Corporate Counsel to sponsor and present seminars on important legal topics. And through our support and pro bono service with legal aid groups such as Legal Services of Eastern Missouri and Land of Lincoln Legal Aid, we bolster the overall services available to the most vulnerable in our communities. Greensfelder attorneys provide a significant amount of top-notch legal work at no charge to organizations in need in our communities.
In 2017, Greensfelder joined the inaugural class of law firms supporting the Missouri Coalition for the Right to Counsel. The coalition is a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing pro bono representation to reduce the workload on the state public defender's office.
In addition to pro bono legal representation, our attorneys also give back by offering their time, donations and leadership to support a diverse array of bar organizations including:
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Chicago Bar Foundation
- Hispanic Bar Association of St. Louis
- Illinois Bar Foundation
- Missouri Asian-American Bar Association
- Mound City Bar Association
- Louis Bar Foundation
Trade and Business Organizations
Supporting and taking leadership roles in organizations that matter to our clients is a priority for the firm. When a trade group is valuable to an industry or community we serve, it’s important to us to help them continue to deliver high-level training and support. Here’s just a sampling of the organizations we’ve played a role in supporting:
- Arch Grants
- Association for Corporate Growth
- Association of General Contractors
- Brand Activation Association
- Chicago Women in IP
- Cortex Innovation Community
- Entrepreneurs' Organization St. Louis
- Family Office Exchange
- Health Care Compliance Association
- Healthcare Businesswomen’s Association
- Illinois Association of Healthcare Attorneys
- International Franchise Association
- Midwest Business Group on Health
- Missouri Consortium for Construction Innovation
- Missouri Economic Development Financing Association
- Missouri Growth Association
- Missouri Hospital Association
- Missouri Venture Forum
- Norwegian-American Defense and Homeland Security Industry Council
- Securities Industry Financial Management Association
- Swedish American Chamber of Commerce
- Women Entrepreneurs Grow Global
- Women in Science, Entrepreneurship and Research