- Greensfelder joins Mansfield Rule program to boost legal diversity.
- Read summer intern Triniti Groves of the St. Louis Internship Program's article "Diversity in the Innovative Space."
- Greensfelder's Chief Diversity Officer Chris Pickett joins leadership team for the newly formed Meritas Black Lawyers Forum.
- Greensfelder's 2020 Report on Equity, Retention & Advancement
- Greensfelder Diversity and Inclusion Manager Carmen White honored as part of Missouri Lawyers Media’s 2021 Diversity & Inclusion Awards.
- Courtney Adair and Caroline Paillou join Leadership Council on Legal Diversity programs.
- Chief Diversity Officer Chris Pickett recognized with a Missouri Lawyers Award for his service and leadership.
- Diversity and Inclusion Manager Carmen White to receive SLU service award
- Read Chief Diversity Officer Chris Pickett’s article "A holistic approach to true law firm diversity" in the Westlaw Journal.
- Greensfelder launches a Diversity Fellowship Program for first-year law students.
- Read Chief Diversity Officer Chris Pickett’s feature in St. Louis Lawyer about Greensfelder’s diversity initiatives.
Chief Diversity Officer Chris Pickett, Diversity & Inclusion Manager Carmen White and the firm's Equity, Retention and Advancement Committee are charged with leading the firm's initiatives to foster an inclusive, diverse workplace.
Our diversity and inclusion initiatives
Providing a work environment where professional growth and advancement are more than rhetoric is one of the best ways to attract and retain talented diverse attorneys. To achieve that, Greensfelder provides a number of opportunities to enhance its attorneys’ career development and professional satisfaction. Those resources include:
- Officer mentor program that provides each attorney one-on-one career guidance.
- Funding for diverse attorney attendance at leadership development programs and conferences.
- Business development training and niche practice area training support.
- Training for all attorneys and support staff on topics including diversity and inclusion and implicit bias.
- Option for attorneys to work part time, with associates who work a part-time schedule retaining the option to remain eligible for promotion to officer.
- For new parents, the firm offers a mentor program and gender-neutral parental leave. Details on our Parental Support Program are available here.
At Greensfelder, we appreciate the differences each person brings to the firm and value the diversity of ideas, perspectives, and experiences. A diverse environment engenders creative strategies, inventive ideas, critical thinking and valuable outcomes for our clients and for our staff. It makes us better communicators and problem solvers, better professionals, and a better firm.
We place a priority on the recruitment of diverse attorneys, as well as community outreach efforts. For more on the firm’s commitment to creating an inclusive workplace for women, click here. Greensfelder also recently joined Diversity Lab's new Midsize Mansfield Rule Certification process, which will allow the firm to be designated a Mansfield-certified firm upon completion. Mansfield-certified law firms are those that have demonstrated a strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion and boosting the representation of historically underrepresented lawyers in firm leadership.
Greensfelder is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive of all employees, regardless of race, gender, age, religion, gender identity and expression, ethnicity, socioeconomic background, and sexual orientation. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is implemented through a variety of programs and initiatives throughout the law firm and in the legal community.