- Carmen White promoted to Director of Diversity and Community Relations.
- Greensfelder Diversity & Inclusion Manager Carmen White featured in St. Louis Small Business Monthly's Diversity Heroes section.
- Read "Keys to Empowering Success in the Role of Chief Diversity Officer" in the PLI Chronicle.
- Greensfelder attorneys presented alongside federal judges to discuss how to increase time in court for underrepresented attorneys leveraging courts' diversity rules. Watch the program and read the accompanying report.
- Greensfelder partners with Mound City Bar Foundation’s Equity Scholars Program for Black law students.
- Chantal Fink Mehill selected as ABA Forum on Construction Law Diversity Fellow.
- Read about our Diverse Supplier Certification services.
- Greensfelder joins Mansfield Rule program to boost legal diversity.
- Read summer intern Triniti Groves of the St. Louis Internship Program's article "Diversity in the Innovative Space."
- Greensfelder Diversity and Inclusion Manager Carmen White honored as part of Missouri Lawyers Media’s 2021 Diversity & Inclusion Awards.
- Courtney Adair and Caroline Paillou join Leadership Council on Legal Diversity programs.
- Diversity and Inclusion Manager Carmen White to receive SLU service award
- Read "A holistic approach to true law firm diversity" in the Westlaw Journal.
- Greensfelder launches a Diversity Fellowship Program for first-year law students.
- Read about Greensfelder’s diversity initiatives in St. Louis Lawyer.
Director of Diversity and Community Relations Carmen White and the firm's Equity, Retention and Advancement Committee are charged with leading the firm's initiatives to foster an inclusive, diverse workplace.
At Greensfelder, we appreciate the differences each person brings to the firm and value the diversity of ideas, perspectives, and experiences. A diverse environment engenders creative strategies, inventive ideas, critical thinking and valuable outcomes for our clients and for our staff. It makes us better communicators and problem solvers, better professionals, and a better firm.
Read our latest Equity, Retention & Advancement annual report here.
Our diversity and inclusion initiatives
Providing a work environment where professional growth and advancement are more than rhetoric is one of the best ways to attract and retain talented diverse attorneys. To achieve that, Greensfelder provides a number of opportunities to enhance its attorneys’ career development and professional satisfaction. Those resources include:
- Officer mentor program that provides each attorney one-on-one career guidance.
- Funding for diverse attorney attendance at leadership development programs and conferences.
- Business development training and niche practice area training support.
- Training for all attorneys and support staff on topics including diversity and inclusion and implicit bias.
- Option for attorneys to work part time, with associates who work a part-time schedule retaining the option to remain eligible for promotion to officer.
- For new parents, the firm offers a mentor program and gender-neutral parental leave. Details on our Parental Support Program are available here.
The firm places an emphasis on supporting diverse suppliers and is a member of the Mid-States Minority Supplier Development Council. Greensfelder also serves as counsel to business owners who need legal support for diverse supplier contracting opportunities. Download our PDF brochure on Diverse Supplier Certification.
We place a priority on the recruitment of diverse attorneys, as well as community outreach efforts. For more on the firm’s commitment to creating an inclusive workplace for women, click here. Greensfelder also recently joined Diversity Lab's new Midsize Mansfield Rule Certification process, which will allow the firm to be designated a Mansfield-certified firm upon completion. Mansfield-certified law firms are those that have demonstrated a strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion and boosting the representation of historically underrepresented lawyers in firm leadership.
Greensfelder is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive of all employees, regardless of race, gender, age, religion, gender identity and expression, ethnicity, socioeconomic background, and sexual orientation. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is implemented through a variety of programs and initiatives throughout the law firm and in the legal community.