For any questions regarding a Summer Associate position, please contact:
Human Resources & Recruiting Manager
Sample Interview Questions
Questions For You
The interview process can be exciting and stressful all at the same time. To emphasize the excitement and minimize the stress, below are sample questions we typically ask.
- What do you know about Greensfelder? Why were you interested in interviewing with us?
- Why should we hire you?
- What do you look for in a job?
- What characteristics do you have that you think will make you a successful lawyer?
- Describe a job where you were required to multi-task.
- What are your career goals?
- When have you worked well under a deadline?
- Talk about a time when you made a mistake and how you recovered from it.
- Discuss a situation in which you were on a team and disagreed with the team leader.
- Tell us about a time when you received an assignment that you did not fully understand.
- Describe a time when you worked with someone with whom you did not get along.
- Discuss a time when you served as a team leader.
- Describe how you have built relationships in the past.
- Describe a time when a detail you thought to be unimportant turned out to be very important.
- Discuss how you have managed long-term or ongoing projects in the past.
- Tell us about a stressful situation you have encountered and how you coped with it.
- Describe a work or school situation on which your efforts had a direct impact.
Questions For Us
We believe in finding the right fit for the candidate as well as our Firm. We want you to know everything about Greensfelder so you can make the best decision for your career. Here are some questions we suggest you ask us and other Firms you are talking to in order to find the best fit for you.
- What qualities and skills do you think are important for an Associate to have?
- What kinds of projects can I expect as a Summer Associate?
- What kinds of challenges did you have when you were a Summer Associate?
- What kinds of clients do you work with?
- Do you get to work directly with clients, or is all the client contact through partners?
- Will I be competing with other Summer Associates for a full time position?
- Why did you come to work at Greensfelder? What do you like about working at Greensfelder?
- What makes a successful Summer Associate?
- What is the billable hour requirement?
- Do attorneys at the firm enjoy work/life balance?
- What is the firm doing to enhance diversity?