Transactions, Contracts, and Licensing
Do you know what your IP contracts should address? Businesses are built with contracts and your IP assets are no different. We can put them to work for you.
Your IP rarely functions alone. Likewise, your IP attorney should be working closely with your corporate attorney.
That’s where our IP boutique comes in.
Operating within the halls of a full-service firm, and leveraging our partners’ expertise when needed, we can help you with a range of transaction issues involving your IP such as:
- Transfers of intellectual property
- Complex licensing of intellectual property
- Assignments of licenses
- Perfection of intellectual property rights and ownership
- Due diligence regarding patents, trademarks, trade secrets and copyrights in connection with mergers, acquisitions and divestitures and many other corporate transactions
Throughout your business’s life cycle, there will be a host of issues to address and contracts to review. You can turn to us for help putting the various contracts to work for you and your business, protecting your interests and your hard work along the way.
Relating to your business’s intellectual property in particular, we can assist you with the following contracts and agreements, providing a detailed explanation of the benefits of each approach, drafting and negotiating the terms, and providing you with ongoing advice regarding maintenance and enforcement.
- Corporate Structure and Partnership Agreements
- Confidentiality Agreements
- Employment Agreements
- Non-disclosure Agreements
- Non-compete Agreements
- Independent Contractor Agreements
- Agreements to Assign
- Joint Development Agreements
- Supplier/Vendor Agreements
- Terms and Conditions on Purchase Orders
The licensing of IP is a frequent concern. The opportunities for both licensor and licensee are exciting and it is easy to lose sight of the potential risks.
Whether you are the licensor or licensee, our team will provide guidance in utilizing the appropriate licensing vehicle to develop, commercialize, and transfer your technology and the underlying patent, copyright, trademark, and trade secret assets.
Given our experience with business formation, operation, and IP, we can turn our legal eye specifically toward your business plans, licensing models, and intellectual property portfolio strategies, to help you fully leverage your assets and meet short-term and long-term objectives.
Examples of the types of transactions we have experience structuring and negotiating include:
- Software Development and License Agreements
- Patent and Technology License Agreements
- Intellectual Property Acquisitions and Asset Sales
- OEM, Reseller and Channel Partner Agreements
- Joint Development and Strategic Alliance Agreements
- Web Development and Hosting Agreements
- Content and Database Licenses
Attorneys | Transactions, Contracts, and Licensing