Technology Procurement & Outsourcing
In industries as diverse as financial services, healthcare, education, manufacturing, and hotel management, our clients rely on software, hardware, telecommunications, and outsourcing relationships to manage core services and operate mission-critical systems. Greensfelder’s Technology Transactions Practice Group represents clients in a variety of technology procurement and outsourcing transactions, including:
- Hardware and IT Procurement
- Software Development, Implementation and Support
- Outsourcing and Data Processing
- Telecommunications and Co-Location Agreements
- Web Site Development and Hosting
- Consulting and Professional Services
Our attorneys are seasoned negotiators with experience structuring transactions in a broad cross-section of industries. We assist clients in defining business, technology and legal requirements, performing due diligence on potential vendors, and negotiating agreements that reflect an appropriate level of commitment and risk-sharing. We also assist clients in developing strategic positions on issues such as:
- Service Level Commitments
- Term and Termination Rights
- Pricing and Payment Metrics
- Information Security and Privacy
- Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
- Technology and Source Code Escrow
Recent examples of our services include:
- Negotiating telecommunications, hardware, and software license agreements for one of the nation’s largest private converged networks, with data, voice-over Internet protocol (VoIP) and video capabilities.
- Negotiating an outsourcing and mission-critical software license arrangement between a financial institution client and an ASP-model software provider, including structuring service level, data security, disaster recovery, and source code escrow commitments.
- Structuring an outsourcing arrangement between a technology client and a software development firm in India.
For additional information regarding Greensfelder's technology procurement and outsourcing services, please contact M. Spencer Garland at (314) 516-2613 or firstname.lastname@example.org.