Mr. Stock is an Officer in the Corporate Practice Group. Mr. Stock represents primarily privately held companies and provides assistance in virtually all areas of general business concern, including corporate structuring, governance issues, and financing arrangements. He is active in merger and acquisition work for both local and national companies. He, also, has performed work for a number of financial institutions and charitable organizations – both private and public foundations. In these representations, he has dealt with corporate governance issues, successor planning, executive compensation issues, reduction in force planning, and shareholder disputes. In addition, Mr. Stock acts as a Commercial Arbitrator and is one of the two firm representatives to the International Lawyers Group. He has worked on transactions in Mexico, Canada, Poland, Ukraine, the Netherlands, and France. He currently serves as a U.S. Counsel for a large Dutch entity that is one of the world’s biggest suppliers of bakery supplies and products.
In September 1991, Mr. Stock was named one of five National Advisory Directors of the American Bankers Association Law School which was held annually in Washington, D.C. He served as a director of a publicly traded federal savings bank for over twenty years including membership on the Audit Committee, Executive Committee, and the bank’s real estate development subsidiary. He has negotiated and prepared documentation for a wide variety of loans including assets ranging from business inventories, raw land, quarries, shopping centers and businesses to freight cars and locomotives.
In the past 15 years, Mr. Stock has spent a considerable amount of time representing various types of communications entities and other utilities, including telephone companies (both LECs and C-LECs), cable television companies, radio station operators, Internet service providers, and a natural gas utility. These representations have included communication equipment acquisition and financing, fiber optic installations and leases, IRUs, pole agreements, municipal franchises, satellite dish installations, tower sites, Public Service Commission representation, and related matters. Additionally, Mr. Stock advises clients on privacy issues such as internal and external communication policies and data retention and destruction policies.
Mr. Stock has been an active Board member of a number of professional and community groups and is currently serving as one of the two Missouri Bar appointees to the Commission on the Retirement, Removal and Discipline of Judges for the State of Missouri.
- Sheldon Arts Foundation – Vice Chairman, Director, Chairman – Building Committee (1991 – 2001)
- VP Fair Foundation – Director (1991 and 1992)
- St. Louis Art Fair – Director (2001 - 2003)
- Civic Entrepreneurs Organization – Director, Public Art Committee – Chairman (2000 - 2003)
- Laumeier Sculpture Park – Vice Chairman, Trustee; Legal Committee – Chairman (1995 - )
- The Columbia Foundation for Visual Arts - Trustee (1999 - )
- Confre'rie des Chevaliers du Tastevin - Regional Vice President / National Board of Directors (2008 - )
- United States Marine Corps (Captain) - 1963 – 1968
- Board of Directors – Roosevelt Federal Savings Bank – 1974 – 1995
- Board of Directors – American Bankers Association Law School – 1991 - 1993
- Commercial Arbitrator – American Arbitration Association