J.D., Washington University School of Law, 1999, Order of the Coif
B.A., Economics/Russian, Saint Louis University, summa cum laude, 1992
Phil Stanton’s practice concentrates on corporate finance and securities regulation, mergers and acquisitions and executive compensation. He serves clients in banking and financial services, health care, software and manufacturing.
In corporate finance, Phil represents issuers in public and private offerings of securities and 1934 Act reporting requirements. He advises companies regarding SEC disclosure requirements and compliance with stock exchange listing standards and securities laws, including Section 16, Rule 144 and Rule 10b5-1, Sarbanes-Oxley and Regulation FD.
Phil has significant experience with mergers and acquisitions in industries including financial services, health care, petroleum retail and heavy manufacturing. He also advises companies and executives on executive compensation issues, including preparing compensation disclosures for public companies and structuring and implementing equity compensation plans and executive compensation agreements and severance agreements.
Phil is a member of the firm’s Board of Directors.
- The Missouri Bar
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Grace Hill Settlement House, Finance Committee
- ITEN Incubator mentor
News & Insights
- St. Louis Business Journal, April 29, 2016
- St. Louis Business Journal, August 2012
- Financial Advisor Magazine, July 5, 2011
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- Moderator, “Alternative Products”Annual Securities Symposium, November 5, 2014
- SEC Offers Guidance to Registered Investment Advisors on the Interplay of the "Testimonial Rule" and Social Media.May 9, 2014
- St. Louis Business Journal, August 26, 2011
- Smart Business St. Louis, August 2009
- LinkedIn Pulse, October 3, 2015
- Greensfelder Business Services Newsletter, October 17, 2008
- Greensfelder Business Services Newsletter, October 2008