- Employee Benefits
- Employment & Labor
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois
J.D., Saint Louis University School of Law, 2009
B.A., University of Alabama, 2003
Lauren Harris brings a strong background in litigation to her employment law practice. She has represented clients in a variety of industries, ranging from health care to non-profit organizations, in state and federal employment discrimination charges and lawsuits, professional malpractice actions and business contract disputes.
Lauren has litigated and managed multifaceted cases with complex discovery issues and has extensive hearing experience. In addition to her litigation practice, she writes and revises employee handbooks, restrictive covenants, separation agreements and other documents to ensure that her clients are fully protected under the law. She also assists employers with human resources and management training and day-to-day advice on a variety of employment issues.
Among her successes is the defense of a health care employer in a Title VII gender discrimination action filed by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. The U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri granted summary judgment in favor of the employer, and the U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit, upheld that decision.
- The Lawyers Association of St. Louis, Missouri
- Cancer Support Community of Greater Saint Louis, Young Advocates Group Annual Trivia Night co-chair
- United Way of Greater St. Louis, Young Leadership Society and Women’s Leadership Society
- The Lawyers Association of St. Louis, Missouri, Gridiron Show, 2013
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers, Rising Star, Employment Litigation, 2014-2015
News & Insights
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- New Challenges Facing Employers in 2016May 18, 2016
- TechArtista, St. Louis, March 9, 2016
- Association of Corporate Counsel St. Louis Chapter Newsletter, June 29, 2016
- SimplyHR | Employment & Labor Blog , September 9, 2015
- SimplyHR | Employment & Labor Blog , June 1, 2015