J.D., Washington University School of Law, 1996; Order of the Coif, Washington University Law Quarterly
B.S., Finance, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1991
Kim Myers brings broad experience in business and franchise legal matters to her practice, including several years as general counsel for an international retail pharmacy franchisor. By developing a deep understanding of each client’s business, she strives to identify the best ways to accomplish objectives while maintaining legal compliance and avoiding unwanted risks.
Kim has extensive experience with contracts and commercial transactions, franchise law compliance, and distribution and supply agreements, among other general commercial matters. A significant part of her practice focuses on franchise law, and she frequently represents lenders that are loaning money to franchisors.
In her previous role as vice president and general counsel for an international retail pharmacy franchisor, Kim was a member of the company’s senior leadership team and a key player in a major corporate restructuring. Drawing on that experience, she is well-positioned to counsel clients on higher-level strategic planning and to understand the needs of the business from a wider perspective.
- ABA Forum on Franchising
- International Franchise Association
- Spoede School Association, co-vice president, 2013-2015
- Junior Achievement, 2014-present
News & Insights
- Franchise Times, August 2016
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- "Beware of the 'Inadvertent' Franchise"Meritas Webinar, June 29, 2016
- Fast Casual, August 1, 2016
- Franchising & Distribution Law Blog, June 13, 2016
- Franchising & Distribution Law Blog, August 18, 2015