LL.M., Taxation, Washington University School of Law, 2012
J.D., Suffolk University Law School, Boston, Massachusetts, 2005
B.S., Business Administration, University of Central Missouri, 2002
Keith Grissom counsels businesses and individuals on matters including estate planning and closely held business succession planning.
Keith’s experience includes addressing income, estate, generation-skipping transfer and gift tax issues related to estate planning and trust administration. In addition, Keith has experience in business entity formation, mergers and acquisitions, and real estate and other tax issues, including tax structuring and controversy. He has an LL.M. in taxation and counsels clients on strategies for estate tax reduction and income tax planning.
Before joining the firm, he worked for several years at a St. Louis law firm and before that, as general counsel and project manager for a real estate investment and development company that also functioned as a family office. There, he was responsible for the management and administration of over 35 different corporations, pass-through entities and trusts, each of which were involved in a variety of investment holdings, and advised outside counsel and accountants on the preparation of income, estate and gift tax returns and analyzed complex tax and ownership issues.
- Missouri Bar Association
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- American Bar Association
- Volunteer Lawyers and Accountants for the Arts
News & Insights
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- "Estate and Gift Tax Planning for Business Owners"National Business Institute Business Ownership Succession Planning Event, June 2015
- PRESERVATION | Family Wealth Protection & Planning, September 20, 2016
- PRESERVATION | Family Wealth Protection & Planning, August 11, 2016
- It’s been a hard day’s night — but trustee working like a dog may still not be materially participatingPRESERVATION | Family Wealth Protection & Planning, June 28, 2016
- PRESERVATION | Family Wealth Protection & Planning, June 16, 2016
- PRESERVATION | Family Wealth Protection & Planning, April 12, 2016