- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
J.D., Washington University School of Law, cum laude, 2014, Washington University Global Studies Law Review, primary editor
B.A, English, Saint Louis University, magna cum laude, 2011
Jessica Courtway represents clients in a variety of construction matters, including construction litigation and arbitration, prosecution of mechanic’s liens and contract negotiation. She prioritizes frequent client interaction with a forward-thinking approach.
Since joining the firm upon graduation in 2014, Jessica has successfully prosecuted and defended arbitration claims on behalf of the firm’s clients. Jessica has also briefed and argued a case in front of the Missouri Court of Appeals for the Western District.
In addition to her work within the firm, Jessica holds a number of leadership positions in professional and community organizations in the St. Louis area, including the National Association of Women in Construction, the Missouri Asian-American Bar Association and the Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis’ Young Lawyers Division. Jessica was recognized for her contributions to BAMSL YLD as the recipient of a 2016 Award of Merit.
During law school, Jessica served as a judicial extern to Judge George W. Draper III of the Missouri Supreme Court. Jessica was a summer associate with Greensfelder for two summers before joining the firm full time.
- The National Association of Women in Construction, St. Louis Chapter Board of Directors
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis, Young Lawyers' Division, Social Committee Chair
- Missouri Asian American Bar Association, Secretary
- American Bar Association, Forum on Construction Law
- Big Brothers, Big Sisters of Eastern Missouri, Big Sister
- Girls on the Run of Greater St. Louis, Site Liaison
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis YLD Award of Merit, 2016
- Who's Who Diversity in Color, 2015
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Immigration & Race
- Carmody MacDonald Legal Practice Excellence Award, 2012
- Missouri Asian American Bar Association’s "Diane Yu Scholarship & Service Award," 2014
News & Insights
- Missouri Lawyers Weekly, January 18, 2017
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- "Contract Law | Lien Law | What's Hot Now!"National Association of Women in Construction, St. Louis, MO, March 16, 2017
- Nuts & Bolts | Construction Law Blog, January 19, 2017