- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
J.D., Washington University, 2010, magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, Washington University Law Review
B.S.B.A., Marketing; International Business, Washington University, 2007, magna cum laude
Jennifer Therrien’s role in a number of successful trials and mediations has given her insight into issues important to the construction industry and the nuances that can accompany this area of law. She frequently represents owners, contractors, specialty contractors and suppliers for claims relating to contract disputes, delay, wrongful termination and errors and omissions.
Jennifer’s recent successes include her role in a four-week arbitration that resulted in a defense verdict on behalf of a design-build contractor and a federal trial victory representing a specialty subcontractor as the plaintiff in a breach of contract claim. Her clients are national and international, and she has experience in courts and arbitration in several states.
In addition to her extensive litigation practice, Jennifer handles contract drafting, review and negotiations, as well as day-to-day client counseling. She has drafted custom agreements for both owners and construction companies.
Jennifer was a summer associate at the firm for two summers before joining the construction law group in 2010. She focuses her entire practice on construction law.
- American Bar Association, Forum on Construction Law
- St. Louis Crisis Nursery, Young Professionals Board
- Regional Union Construction Center, advisory board member
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- Missouri and Kansas Super Lawyers, Rising Star, Construction, 2014-2016
- California hospital. In a four-week arbitration in Los Angeles, part of a team that obtained a defense verdict for a terminated design/build contractor against a large hospital system owner, with award setting aside wrongful termination and requiring payment by owner of extra work claims and contract balance. Over $100 million of disputed claims involving issues of design errors and omissions, construction workmanship, delay and wrongful termination.
- Breach of contract. Represented a specialty subcontractor as the plaintiff in a breach of contract claim against another subcontractor in a trial in U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas, resulting in a complete verdict for the client.
- Justice Center projects. Settlement of over $155 million in disputed claims for a large engineering, procurement and construction firm working as construction manager for two public projects in Las Vegas involving standard of care of construction manager, design errors, construction workmanship, terminations and delay issues.
- Refinery. Mediation of $1 million in damages for a refinery owner against a pressure vessel fabricator involving defective welding and non-destructive examination (NDE), which failed to meet ASME VIII Code requirements.
- Design professionals. Represented an architect in defense of an owner’s claims of errors and omissions.
- Mechanic’s liens. Represented numerous suppliers, subcontractors and general contractors in mechanic’s liens and breach of contract actions. Represented owners in defense of mechanic’s liens filed against the owner’s property.
News & Insights
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- February 5, 2015
- October 9, 2014
- Nuts & Bolts | Construction Law Blog, December 22, 2016