J.D., Saint Louis University School of Law, Valedictorian, 2014, Order of the Woolsack; concentration in business transactions
B.S., Business Administration, DePaul University, highest honors, 2006
Debbie Sluys focuses her practice on corporate transactions, principally in mergers and acquisitions. Debbie has provided counsel to companies in a variety of industries, including manufacturing, professional services and distribution. Her thorough, analytical approach helps her dive deep into the details of each client’s business, providing an outcome targeted toward their financial and company goals.
In addition to mergers and acquisitions transactions, Debbie handles matters related to commercial contracts, corporate governance, and entity formation and dissolution.
Before law school, Debbie served as a portfolio management associate for Morgan Stanley Smith Barney, where she was responsible for the research and trading of discretionary trading accounts, focusing primarily on covered call transactions.
- American Bar Association
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis, Young Lawyers Division
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- Academic Excellence Awards in areas including Secured Transactions, Commercial Transactions, Corporate Tax, Advanced Commercial & Business Transactions, Securities Regulation and Taxation
- Represented a food manufacturing and distribution company in the divestiture of its manufacturing business.
- Represented seller in an equity sale of its equipment manufacturing business to a private equity firm.
- Represented private equity buyer in an asset purchase of a window manufacturing and distribution company.
- Represented shareholder of a printing company in his buy-out of the minority shareholders.
- Represented seller in the sale of a rental and transportation business to a publicly traded strategic buyer.
- Represented professional services company in the redemption of its 50% shareholder utilizing SBA financing.
- Represented private equity seller in the equity sale of a window manufacturing company to another private equity firm.
- Represented a medical manufacturer in the asset acquisition of its major distributor.