- Employee Benefits
- Employment & Labor
- Trusts & Estates
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois
J.D., Saint Louis University School of Law, 2001
B.A., History and Russian, Saint Louis University, 1996
Since the early days of his career when he worked as a public defender, Chris Pickett has found success fighting on behalf of his clients in dozens of jury trials and arbitrations. Today, he draws on that experience to represent clients from across the country in an array of business litigation matters, particularly in the areas of securities and higher education.
Chris’ areas of focus include employment disputes, unfair competition and securities litigation, and he leads the firm's Securities & Financial Services industry group. He helps clients from an array of industries with disputes related to restrictive covenants, misappropriation of trade secrets, as well as discrimination claims and claims of breach of fiduciary duty and unfair competition. His experience in restrictive covenant and trade secret matters is particularly extensive, ranging to hundreds of cases across the country, and he is co-leader of the firm’s trade secrets/restrictive covenants group.
In his higher education work, Chris represents colleges and universities in all facets of litigation, including employment and labor matters, personal injury litigation, contract litigation as well regularly advising on, and conducting investigations that relate to both student and employee conduct.
Chris has a network of local counsel that has allowed him to seek and obtain hundreds of injunctions in almost every state. His securities practice includes representing brokerage firms in recruiting and raiding cases as well as investor actions before the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA). He has first chaired dozens of matters before FINRA arbitration panels. Chris also regularly advises and defends people implicated or charged in federal criminal offenses, including conspiracy, insider trading, mail and wire fraud and money laundering.
Chris also is the firm’s chief diversity officer, leading efforts to foster an increasingly diverse and inclusive workplace and to recruit and retain diverse talent. Since joining Greensfelder in 2012, he has helped lead the firm’s diversity initiatives first as chairman of the firm’s Diversity & Inclusion Committee and later as chief diversity officer. In addition, in 2013, he was named as a Leadership Council on Legal Diversity fellow, participating in a national leadership program for high-performing attorneys from diverse backgrounds.
- American Bar Association
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Defense Research Institute
- St. Louis County Bar Association
- Mound City Bar Association
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity, Fellows Alumni Conference Committee, 2014; Strategy & Innovation Committee, 2014; Fellows Program, 2014
- Habitat for Neighborhood Business, Board of Directors
- Leadership St. Louis, Class of 2012-2013
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- St. Louis Business Journal Diverse Business Leader, 2016
- Who's Who Diversity in Color, 2015
- St. Louis Business Journal 40 Under 40, 2014
News & Insights
- St. Louis Small Business Monthly, February 2017
- St. Louis Business Journal, September 9, 2016
- August 8, 2016
- INSIGHT Into Diversity, July/August 2016
- January 4, 2016
- Fox2News, February 2, 2015
- Chris Pickett of Greensfelder's Litigation Practice Group earns spot on St. Louis Business Journal's 40 under 40.January 2, 2014
- The St. Louis American, May 2, 2013
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- "Makes Me Want To Holler: More Law and Less Diversity in Financial Services"National Bar Association’s 91st Convention, St. Louis, MO, July 18, 2016
- 2016 Implicit Bias ProgramUniversity of Missouri School of Law, March 21, 2016
- November 5, 2014
- St. Louis Lawyer, February 2017
- Financial Advisor, July 15, 2015
- St. Louis Lawyer, May 2015