J.D., University of Alabama School of Law, 2012
M.B.A., University of Alabama, Manderson Graduate School of Business, 2012
B.A., Economics, University of California Los Angeles, 2006
Camille Toney represents businesses in human relations issues, with a focus on litigation related to employment discrimination and employee benefits. She also counsels employers and helps them create and update employment and separation agreements.
She devotes a substantial amount of time to helping employers with lawsuits arising under the Employment Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA) and advising them with regard to administering their benefits plans and managing their leave and return-to-work programs. In addition, she has handled discrimination claims in front of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the Missouri Commission on Human Rights and has experience with wage and hour litigation and non-compete litigation.
For Camille, who joined the firm in 2012 after completing a joint graduate program in law and business at the University of Alabama, employment and labor law was a natural fit. She grew up influenced by her father’s work as an automotive executive, and working at his company — in customer service and in the plant — gave her an inside look at different aspects of the corporate world, including how legal matters are handled.
- The Missouri Bar
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Mound City Bar Association
- National Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Big Brothers Big Sisters
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- Academic Excellence Award in Personal Income Tax
- Lawyers of Color Inaugural Hot List 2013
News & Insights
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- November 30, 2016
- SimplyHR | Employment & Labor Blog , August 26, 2016
- SimplyHR | Employment & Labor Blog , October 15, 2015
- Losing Ground: The EEOC's Ongoing Struggle to Restrict the Use of Criminal Background Checks in Employment DecisionsSimplyHR | Employment & Labor Blog , October 23, 2013
- SimplyHR | Employment & Labor Blog , June 28, 2013