- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
J.D., Saint Louis University School of Law, cum laude, 2000
B.S., B.A., Indiana University, 1996
As co-leader of the firm’s general commercial litigation group, Beth Conran represents clients in a broad range of complex litigation. She has extensive experience with the energy, technology and securities industries, as well as in franchising and distribution. She also handles the litigation of intellectual property claims and construction disputes.
Beth frequently handles antitrust and trade regulation, defending claims against oil companies for alleged unlawful motor fuel pricing practices and unlawful deed restrictions associated with the sale of gas stations. Other representative experience includes:
- Lead counsel defendant for a global energy company in litigation against a multi site franchisee and jobber alleging claims under the Petroleum Marketing Practices Act, improper pricing, violation of state franchise laws and breach of contract, seeking more than $300 million
- Co-trial counsel in successfully defending a global energy company against claims of improper pricing, fraud, breach of contract, and state franchise violations and multi-site franchisees brought by multi-site operators seeking more than $100M.
- Regularly represents parties in litigation involving software development and implementation including disputes in copyright, trademark and licensing agreement.
- Handles arbitration related to construction disputes, including those in the renewable energy and hotel industries. Successfully defended a wind-energy company in a construction dispute with a global manufacturer.
- Represents energy companies against claims involving common law theories and regulations brought by governmental entities and private parties relating to underground storage tanks and pipeline leaks.
In her securities litigation practice, Beth has significant experience representing financial institutions and investment professionals in securities arbitrations before the National Association of Securities Dealers (NASD), the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) and the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) in connection with claims such as breach of fiduciary duty, breach of contract, suitability, churning, negligent supervision, and statutory claims.
Beth has lectured on Missouri ethics and data breach laws and has written about proposed amendments to the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure for the Business Torts Section of the American Bar Association.
- The Missouri Bar
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- The Missouri Bar, Young Lawyers Section, St. Louis City delegate, 2004-2010
- Legal Advocates for Abused Women (LAAW), Board of Directors, 2006-2013; Annual Fundraiser, Co-Chair, 2004-2009
Honors & Awards
Honors & Awards
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity Fellow, 2014
- Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers, Business Litigation, 2009-2015
- Benchmark Litigation, Future Star, 2013-2016
- Missouri Lawyers Weekly, Up and Coming Lawyer, 2009