Health care is evolving rapidly, and our team is monitoring changes in the industry at every step – helping you adjust to new requirements, anticipate further changes and proactively manage your systems and networks so your organization can continue to deliver the best health care service.
We know how the health care delivery system works and can cut through regulatory complexities to develop realistic solutions to your challenges.
From day-to-day questions about Medicare and Medicaid to strategic counsel devoted to the acquisition of a critical business unit, our team is focused on your goals and the health and viability of your health care business. We provide guidance regarding:
- Corporate compliance
- Employee benefits
- Employment and labor issues
- Fraud and abuse
- HIPAA and e-health
- Joint ventures and affiliations
- Licensing and regulatory compliance
- Long-term care
- Managed care
- Medical staff and professional rights
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Physician practices
- Operational and policy issues
- Reimbursement/payor disputes
- Risk and liability management
- Stark and regulatory compliance
- Tax-exempt issues
In running your health care organization, other issues may arise relating to business transactions, employment issues, employee benefit issues, real estate transactions, construction matters, franchising, intellectual property management and litigation. We can assist in each of these instances, knowing how certain activities and decisions may have legal implications for your health care organization.
We’re closely watching marketplace trends. With timely information and deep industry experience, clients also turn to our team for strategic counsel as they set strategic and operational goals.
We represent for-profit and nonprofit health care providers and affiliated businesses throughout the full spectrum of health care delivery, often acting as general or specialty counsel for providers. Our clients typically include:
- Health care systems
- Hospitals and critical access hospitals
- Long-term care facilities
- Home health agencies
- Ambulatory care facilities
- Physician groups
- Provider networks – IPAs, PHOs, etc.
- Behavioral health providers
- Diagnostic testing facilities
- Ancillary service providers – imaging centers, home health agencies, diagnostic testing facilities, physical therapy providers
- Self-funded benefit plans
- Pharmacies and pharmacy benefit managers
While many of us are lifelong lawyers, you will also benefit from the broad professional expertise of others on our team who were once nurses, social workers, managed care professionals or health care executives.
- January 1, 2014
- April 1, 2011
News & Insights
- March 10, 2016
- November 2, 2015
- Greensfelder Achieves Top-Tier National, St. Louis and Chicago Rankings from U.S. News-Best Lawyers 2014 'Best Law Firms' List.November 6, 2014