Seldom are the stakes higher than when a contracting party defaults – and with default comes the possibility of termination. We can help you determine where and how to begin.
We can help you address the default by:
- Assessing your rights to terminate
- Evaluating the practical and legal risks associated with termination
- Determining the viability of engaging a completing contractor (either directly or through a performance bond surety)
- Analyzing the financial impact of termination
Once the decision to terminate has been made, we can also help guide you through the various challenges ahead, working with you to keep your project on track. We can help you:
- Draft and negotiate completion and takeover agreements,
- Negotiate with upstream and downstream entities to ensure their continued participation on the project, and/or
- Seek appropriate equitable relief by way of injunctions.