Who we are
The sophistication of the transportation industry has changed dramatically in recent years. Your legal representation should be there not only to help you through accidents or claims, but also to provide advice to help avoid problems before they occur.
We represent national carriers, logistics companies, truck leasing companies and distributors in all phases of transport and distribution, with a focus in two primary areas:
- Client representation in response to accidents and liability issues
- Counseling on organizational structure, contracts, insurance and other agreements in the effort to avoid future claims
We are involved with a number of transportation associations, maintaining contacts with these other professionals shaping the future of the industry.
What we do
We provide long-term strategic planning, defense of claims and regulatory expertise for our clients, using the most advanced technology and leveraging key industry contacts. For our motor carrier clients, we are ready to quickly assess an accident scene with our 24-hour Motor Carrier Emergency Response Team (M-CERT).
We can counsel you through litigation, product liability claims, accidents, catastrophic losses and catastrophic death claims, freight claims, governmental relations and regulatory compliance.
We can provide a forward-looking approach to your business operations, reducing your risk and potential for future liability. Beginning with an audit, we will address each of the following:
- Contract review and organizational structure with an eye toward increasing entity protections
- Insurance coverage audit to ensure adequate protections are in place in the event of a catastrophic claim relating to leasing or transport
- Incident reports and/or Department of Transportation audits
- Customer relationship review, identifying any potential issues with customers and reviewing agreements for liability shifting provisions, maximum protections and ensuring all agreements are up to date and comply with current law
After the audit, we will make recommendations on implementation and can assist with onsite training or additional auditing to help minimize exposure to liability. Our ongoing representation for transportation clients typically covers corporate and organizational matters, labor negotiations and employment matters, environmental regulations, governmental relations, intellectual property, leasing agreements and MCS-90 and other insurance issues.