Sometimes your best defense is a good offense. To compete online, it's not enough to just be there. We can help you secure your position...and stay there.
Internet – Strategic Counseling
As federal and state laws push back against the wild, wild web and its freewheeling nature, you need to know how your business may be affected. It’s our business to track these developments for you.
Through proactive counsel and strategic guidance, we can help you understand how and where your internet start-up or established virtual operation might be affected by laws such as:
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA)
- Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act (OCILLA)
- Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
- Communication Decency Act (CDA)
- Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act (E-Sign)
- CAN-SPAM Act
We will unpack the legal risks with you and provide critical assistance with regard to the development and protection of your digital intellectual property assets.
Domain Strategy & Dispute Resolution
Establishing a presence online isn't just about purchasing a domain name. You can turn to us for assistance with developing your internet strategy, domain name portfolio, and a plan to manage your presence going forward. Services include:
- Defensive domain name registrations
- Registrar consolidation
- Cost estimates of continued registrations
- Registrar transfers
- Individual and global registrant corrections
- Utilization of domain name recovery services to obtain expired domain name registrations from others
Did someone beat you to the punch? Should you realize an issue with an existing domain name, we also assist with domain name dispute resolution, including monitoring services for locating conflicting domain names, objecting to conflicting domain names, and meta-tag and sponsor match disputes.
We’ll go to bat for you. We are experienced in resolving disputes through negotiated settlements that include a transfer of the contested domain name to our client. We have also successfully used the Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy (UDRP) arbitration process to obtain conflicting domain name registrations and have litigated to recover conflicting domain names.