You know you need to protect your vision...Do you know which course to take? We do.
Intellectual property is an asset for your business – one that will work for you now and into the future. Determining the right mix of intellectual property rights for your vision and strategy is important. This is where we come in.
At the start of any new business activity, we will sit down with you to unpack all of the proposed ideas and moving pieces – from design and manufacturing, to marketing and sales – to help identify and secure the appropriate IP rights.
Once the right mix of IP rights are identified, we will file for the appropriate protection(s) and help you establish protocols to manage your asset into the future.
- Trademark searches and clearances
- Trademark registration
- Brand acquisition
- Cancelation and Opposition and other proceedings before the Trademark Office and TTAB
- Copyright registration and recordation
- Assignments of copyright
- Fair use counseling
- Mechanical and statutory royalties counseling
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act compliance
- Patent prosecution
- Patentability, validity, infringement, and right-to-use opinions
- Strategic counseling on timing and geographic reach of patent applications
- Structuring and enhancing patent portfolios
Additional expertise – for matters outside of the United States, and for certain matters requiring additional technical experience, we can collaborate with our global network of Meritas affiliated law firms
Trade Secret Protection:
- Identification of protectable information and related parties (employees, independent contractors, suppliers, and joint development partners)
- Maintenance and protection via non-disclosure or non-compete agreements