Your business is at its best when your employees are at their best. Our Employment & Labor lawyers help employers manage human resources and employee relations proactively, and when problems arise, we will navigate with you through the difficult times.
When you need answers to your employment law questions, our attorneys will provide thoughtful legal advice and provide it within the context of your larger operation. The HR decisions you make today can have ripple effects and impact decisions you’ll make in the future, and we’ll help guide you through.
We represent employers – large national corporations, small local businesses, and everything in between – which positions us as the team to call when you need direction through even the most complicated employment situation, from day to day human resources and employment advice, to compliance management, to defending employment claims and litigation.
Our work spans the country, and we routinely represent our clients in federal and state courts, before federal and state administrative agencies, at the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB), and in arbitration forums.
We provide legal counsel and assistance to our clients in the preparation and use of employment applications, in conducting background checks on job applicants, in the areas of affirmative action, executive compensation and benefits, and responding to claims for unemployment benefits, wage garnishments, wage deductions and wage assignments.
For updates on recent developments in employment and labor law, read our Simply HR Blog.
News & Insights
- May 27, 2016
- December 16, 2015
- November 2, 2015
- Crain's Benefits Outlook, June 22, 2015
- May 19, 2015
- November 6, 2014
- May 23, 2014
- November 1, 2013
- June 1, 2013
- Greensfelder earns top-tier national, regional rankings in U.S. News-Best Lawyers 'Best Law Firms' 2013 EditionNovember 1, 2012
- May 7, 2012
- St. Louis Post Dispatch, KPLR-11 & Fox 2, December 19, 2011
Seminars & Speaking Engagements
- NAW Spring 2016 Billion Dollar HR Roundtable, May 4, 2016
- October 16, 2013
- Employment & Labor Webinar: Absence, Leave and Disability Management: A Roadmap to Improve Your Leave Program and Enhance Compliance with State & Federal LawOctober 17, 2012
- Social Media for Business: The HR & Legal ImpactAugust 16, 2012
- Employment & Labor Seminar - Developments & Trends in Employment and Labor Law, Common Employer Mistakes and How to Avoid ThemSeptember 16, 2010
- Association of Corporate Counsel St. Louis Chapter Newsletter, June 29, 2016
- Illinois Business Journal, February 2016
- Illinois Business Journal, December 15, 2014
- Westlaw Journal Employment, December 8, 2014
- Winter 2013
- August 22, 2012
- June 12, 2012
- March 5, 2012
- February 21, 2012
- The NEW Union Election Process: How it will place employers at a distinct disadvantage in union representation campaigns.February 1, 2012
- December 28, 2011
- Smart Business St. Louis, September 2008
- SimplyHR | Employment & Labor Blog , April 5, 2017
- SimplyHR | Employment & Labor Blog , January 25, 2017
- SimplyHR | Employment & Labor Blog , August 26, 2016
- SimplyHR | Employment & Labor Blog , May 16, 2016
- SimplyHR | Employment & Labor Blog , April 29, 2016
- SimplyHR | Employment & Labor Blog , March 24, 2016
- SimplyHR | Employment & Labor Blog , January 13, 2016
- SimplyHR | Employment & Labor Blog , October 30, 2015
- SimplyHR | Employment & Labor Blog , August 31, 2015
- U.S. Supreme Court Creates New Standard For Evaluating Pregnancy-Related Accommodations; Finds EEOC’s Pregnancy Guidance is Not Entitled to DeferenceSimplyHR | Employment & Labor Blog , March 26, 2015