We don’t dabble in M&A. With over half of our corporate attorneys working on deals at any particular moment – from simple acquisitions to highly complex mergers – we know what it takes to get your deal done. We understand what drives decisions and can anticipate many of the issues before they become problems, potentially impacting your deal.
While many of our clients are buying businesses in the $5 million to $200 million range, we have also represented buyers in transactions in excess of $1 billion.
From publicly traded companies to private corporations, our clients’ businesses are in the US and abroad and span a range of industries – food, pharmaceutical, health, manufacturing, importing, media and professional services.
Your Quarterback from Day 1 to Deal Close
Our lawyers can handle all aspects of your deal – from the capital raise to the tax issues. This allows us to quarterback the entire process, seeing how negotiations are coming together, spotting issues that may arise and anticipating how each may impact your ultimate business goal.
This holistic approach, putting aside any narrow, singularly focused specialties found in other firms, provides us with a clear view of the big picture. We cover all of the bases including:
- Financial matters
- Tax aspects
- Securities issues
- Risk avoidance
- Intellectual property valuation and transfer
- Financing – including venture capital, mezzanine, and equity financing
We can also advise on creative forms of acquisitions and divestitures, including management buy-outs, acquisitions, sale of a business, ESOPs and sale transactions related to spin-offs.
- Represented an auto parts company in connection with the acquisition of additional retail outlets from a parts retailer and repair shop.
- Represented a retailer in connection with the disposition of several grocery and fuel locations to another company, as well as the subsequent purchase of several stores in another city from that same company.
- Represented the purchaser of a hotel property from the previous owners’ bondholders, who had foreclosed on the properties.
- Represented the equity owners of a formal wear company in connection with the sale of the company to a private equity group.
- Represented a food manufacturing client in connection with the sale of its wholesale operation to a strategic buyer of the business while retaining its distribution division.
- Represented a minority shareholder in a family-owned commercial printing business in the acquisition of the business from his family members.
- Represented a company in the residential building products market in connection with its sale to a third-party financial buyer. Assisted the company through all aspects of the sale, including conducting the auction, maintaining the data room, counseling the sellers with respect to post-closing liabilities and closing the transaction.
- Represented management team in buy-out of private equity sponsor of a distribution and service business utilizing tax credit financing.
- Represented majority shareholders in sale of health care company in a $40 million-plus transaction with strategic public-company buyer.
- Represented seller in asset sale of industrial container distribution business to strategic buyer.
- Represented buyer in asset acquisition of mortgage banking business from industry competitor.
- Represented buyer in equity acquisition of software company serving the sports industry.
- Represented buyer in asset acquisition of 50-plus automotive parts retail locations throughout northeastern United States from industry competitor.
- Represented equity holders in sale of health care IT company in a $225 million-plus transaction with strategic buyer.
- Represented buyer in asset acquisition of distressed manufacturing business out of state court receivership.
- Represented buyer in asset acquisition of retail fixture manufacturing company from industry competitor.
- Represented seller in sale of trademark portfolio of apparel company to strategic buyer.
- Represented seller in sale of coffee roasting and wholesale business to private equity buyer.
- Represented seller in $53 million sale of tradeshow products manufacturing business to strategic buyer.
- Represented buyer in $17 million management buy-out of food import and distribution business.
- Represented shareholders in a sale of retail company to management utilizing SBA financing.