Mandy Kamykowski is an Officer in the Litigation Practice Group. She practices in the areas of general civil and commercial litigation with a focus on medical negligence, product liability, and professional liability defense. Mrs. Kamykowski represents clients at the trial and appellate court levels in both Missouri and Illinois state and federal courts. Her experience includes defending both individual professionals and corporations in all aspects of the litigation process, including motion arguments, mediations, trials, and appeals.
- Medical Negligence. Medical malpractice case in which Plaintiff alleged that the defendant failed to use due care during an elective liposuction procedure and removed excessive amounts of subcutaneous fat from her medial (inner) thighs causing contour deformities. Plaintiff claimed she was not aware of the risks and possible complications associated with the elective liposuction. She sought $225,000 in past and future pain and suffering. After 2 ½ hours of deliberations, the St. Louis County jury returned a verdict in favor of the defendant. The jury verdict was upheld on appeal to the Missouri Court of Appeals, Eastern District. Rothschild v. Stanley L. Librach, M.D., June 2009
- Medical Negligence. Plaintiffs alleged the defendant physician negligently stitched through Plaintiff's bowel during an open abdominal hysterectomy procedure. Plaintiffs sought over $1 million in past and future economic and non-economic damages. The St. Louis County jury returned a defense verdict in less than 2 hours. Plaintiffs' appeal was subsequently denied by the Eastern District of Missouri. House v. Assoc. in Women's Health Care, L.L.C., 258 S.W.3d 469 (Mo. Ct. App. 2008).
- Premises Liability. Defense verdict in Madison County Circuit Court on Plaintiff's claims of negligence as a result of getting her hand caught in an elevator on the hospital's premises. Additional claims of negligence were brought against the manufacturer of the elevator. Plaintiff sought $600,000 as total damages. Smith v. Saint Anthony's Health Ctr., No. 06-L-000249, 2007 WL 5156891 (Ill. Cir. Ct. 2007) (trial order).
- Insurance Broker Malpractice. Defense verdict in St. Louis County in a $1.3 million insurance broker malpractice matter involving losses to an uninsured property after flooding caused by a hurricane in Houston. Clearbrook Houston, L.P. v. Adrian N. Baker & Co., 193 S.W.3d 836 (Mo. Ct. App. 2006).
- 2011 - 2012 Missouri/Kansas Rising Star, Personal Injury Defense/Medical Malpractice
- 2010 - 2011 BAMSL Young Lawyers Division Award of Merit
- 2009 - 2010 BAMSL Young Lawyers Division Award of Merit
- 2009 - 2010 Missouri Bar Young Lawyers' Council President's Award
- Our Little Haven, Haven Club Representative
- Creighton University Alumni Advisory Board - St. Louis.
Member since 2011