Licensing & Technology Transfer
Greensfelder’s Technology Transactions Practice Group represents both licensors and licensees in developing, commercializing, and transferring technology, including the underlying patent, copyright, trademark and other intellectual property assets. We represent companies at all stages of growth, from established companies in the IT, financial services, and biotech industries to start-up software vendors, Internet presences, and web site developers.
In addition to serving as a day-to-day resource on legal and technology issues, we assist clients in developing business plans, licensing models, and intellectual property portfolio strategies that meet short-term and long-term objectives. Examples of the types of transactions we have experience structuring and negotiating include:
- Software Development and License Agreements
- Patent and Technology License Agreements
- Intellectual Property Acquisitions and Asset Sales
- OEM, Reseller and Channel Partner Agreements/li>
- Joint Development and Strategic Alliance Agreements
- Web Development and Hosting Agreements
- Content and Database Licenses
Recent examples of our services include:
- Drafting channel partner, reseller, and end user license agreements for a start-up software developer.
- Negotiating joint development, consulting and patent license agreements between a financial consulting firm and a large data processing company.
- Structuring joint development and patent license arrangements for a research and development company in the pharmaceuticals industry.
In collaboration with Greensfelder’s other Practice Groups, we also advise technology companies on a variety of “life cycle” issues, including formation, seed and venture capital, financing, private and public equity, mergers and acquisitions, real property acquisition and lease negotiation, tax planning, litigation, and compensation and employment matters.
For additional information regarding Greensfelder’s licensing and technology transfer services, please contact M. Spencer Garland at (314) 516-2613 or firstname.lastname@example.org.