Mr. Dillane is an Officer in the Corporate Health Care Practice Groups and a former member of the Firm's Board of Directors. Mr. Dillane represents clients primarily in the fields of corporate and tax law, with a special emphasis on the representation of health care institutions. Mr. Dillane’s experience includes many types of business transactions and affiliations, including the acquisition and divestiture of hospitals, ambulatory care facilities and managed care companies, the negotiation, establishment and termination of joint ventures between hospitals and physicians and between not-for-profit and for-profit companies, and advice concerning corporate structuring and governance matters.
Mr. Dillane’s practice also includes the general representation of a wide range of closely-held businesses and their owners in matters such as mergers and acquisitions, financings, corporate planning, succession planning, tax-free exchanges of real estate, formations of partnerships, joint ventures and limited liability companies, and general corporate matters.
While practicing at Greensfelder, Hemker & Gale, Mr. Dillane also has served at various times on the adjunct faculty of Washington University as a Legal Writing Instructor and as an Adjunct Professor of Law teaching federal taxation of partnerships.
- Planning for Corporations, Partnerships, LLC’s and LLP’s; June 1996; Seminar sponsored by UMKC School of LawChoice of Entity
- For Profit/Not-For-Profit; November 1999; Delta Dental Plan Chairmen’s Leadership ConferenceChoice of entity for insurance plans
- Represented health care system in several hospital acquisitions and divestitures.
- Represented not-for-profit hospital system in multiple issuances of tax-exempt bonds.
- Represented health care system in acquisition of substantial stake in an HMO.