Construction & Design
Greensfelder's Construction Group provides exceptional technical skill and responsive service in representing the full range of construction industry clients. The group’s unsurpassed experience in construction matters reflects dedicated focus by team members, many of whom are licensed as civil and mechanical engineers and architects.
Group members clearly understand the risks and rewards of construction-related endeavors, and team with clients to manage risk and reap the rewards of their efforts. Consistent responsiveness guards against the high costs of delay. The team’s efficient, practical and creative solutions anticipate and respond to the complex web of legal and business issues faced by clients daily.
Greensfelder represents a broad cross-section of the construction industry, including:
- general contractors, subcontractors, construction managers and specialty contractors
- design-build firms, architectural firms, engineering firms and suppliers; and
- public and private owners and sureties.
- We represent firms ranging from established industry leaders with national and international operations to enterprising first generation design and construction firms.
Construction Group lawyers have expanded into a national practice through persistent, effective representation of exceptional firms with headquarters in St. Louis and beyond. Members regularly travel to project locations, mediation conferences, arbitration locales and courts across the country to provide solutions and service. Our experience also includes international matters.
Greensfelder Construction Group attorneys apply their experience to a wide range of client matters:
- Contract Counsel. We advise and document the full array of design and construction contracts and agreements
- Dispute Resolution. Our attorneys skillfully represent clients in mediations, arbitrations and litigation. We handle contract matters, mediations, arbitrations and litigation in Eastern Missouri and Southern Illinois and throughout the country.
- Claims Management & Resolution. Our clients entrust us with the pursuit of and the defense of delay, disruption and acceleration claims; contract claims; construction defect claims; design defect claims; and claims for additional compensation. We also advise on claims avoidance.
- Procurement Counsel. We address bid mistakes, prepare bid protests and handle other procurement matters.
- Risk Mitigation. Members of our group provide a range of services related to mechanic's liens, insurance, bonds, indemnity, warranties, and contract requirements concerning change orders and time extensions.
Our attorneys are actively involved in such organizations as the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), the Associated General Contractors (AGC) of St. Louis, the Engineers’ Club of St. Louis and the St. Louis Council of Construction Consumers (CCC). Group members are in frequent demand as lecturers at industry meetings and Continuing Legal Education Seminars on construction-related topics.
View the other practice areas of Greensfelder Law Firm.
View Attorneys in the Construction Practice Group