To see our NALP Directory profile, including statistics on diversity and information about professional development, click here.
Promotion and leadership roles for women and minority attorneys are a priority at Greensfelder. The ranks of women officers and shareholders continue to grow at a steady pace, and recent recruiting efforts to hire and retain women attorneys at the associate level have been especially successful, with women comprising 70 percent of the firm’s overall associates. At the officer level, one in every four officers at the firm is a woman.
To support the progress of women lawyers and help create a sense of community, a number of programs are made available to the women of the firm. These range from job-focused training to networking opportunities and social events, including:
- Annual dinner for women attorneys and summer associates
- Annual social event for women that includes the firm's lawyers, in-house counsel and other professionals
- Regular lunch and happy hour gatherings, with training and networking opportunities
- Cultural event networking outing
- Marketing training
In addition, the firm has policies that allow for alternative work arrangements and assistance for working parents, such as:
- Attorneys have an option to work part time, with associates who work a part-time schedule retaining the option to remain eligible for promotion to officer.
- A mentor program for new parents pairs attorneys and paralegals with mentors who can advise them on handling a new balance of professional and family demands. The firm also offers gender-neutral parental leave.
- Greensfelder was the first St. Louis law firm to provide lactation facilities for its professionals and staff.