At Greensfelder, we appreciate the differences each person brings to the firm and value the diversity of ideas and perspectives. A diverse environment maximizes the potential of each employee and makes the firm better able to meet the needs of our clients and reflect the communities we serve.
Greensfelder is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive of all employees, regardless of race, gender, age, religion, ethnicity, socioeconomic background and sexual orientation. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is implemented through a variety of programs and initiatives throughout the law firm and in the legal community.
Led by chairman Chris Pickett, Greensfelder’s Diversity & Inclusion Committee is charged with leading the firm's initiatives to foster an inclusive, diverse workplace. The committee also includes a representative from the firm’s Board of Directors, as well as J. Danielle Carr, the director of professional development and inclusion, and other attorneys and human resources representatives. The committee meets monthly and reports to the Board of Directors.
Our diversity and inclusion initiatives
Providing a work environment where professional growth and advancement are more than rhetoric is one of the best ways to attract and retain talented women and minority attorneys. To achieve that, Greensfelder provides a number of opportunities to enhance its attorneys’ career development and professional satisfaction, led by a full-time professional development and inclusion director. Those resources include:
- Officer mentor program that provides each attorney one-on-one career guidance. In addition, the director of professional development and inclusion meets regularly with attorneys of color and women attorneys to provide individual guidance.
- Funding for minority attorney attendance at leadership development programs and conferences.
- Business development training and niche practice area training support.
- Training for all attorneys and support staff on topics including diversity and inclusion and implicit bias.
- Option for attorneys to work part time, with associates who work a part-time schedule retaining the option to remain eligible for promotion to officer.
- For new parents, the firm offers a mentor program and gender-neutral parental leave.
For more on the firm’s commitment to creating an inclusive workplace for women, click here.